ADVICES FOR USING AUTOMATIC TELLER MACHINES WITH SAFETY AND PROTECT YOUR MONEY
- Carefully follow the instructions on the automatic teller machine screen;
- Choose a well-lit automatic teller machine where you are clearly visible;
- Never ask for help from strangers and ask no one – not even the Security Officers at the ATM – to help you with the automatic teller machine transactions;
- If you need assistance speak to the employees inside the bank;
- Don’t allow anyone to be too close to you or anyone that can distract you while doing any operation in the automatic teller machine;
- Don’t rush to finish your transaction. Keep the card and the money in your wallet, purse or pocket before leaving the automatic teller machine;
- Don’t carry large sums of money with you;
- Never let your card disappear out of your sight or control.
ADVICES FOR SAFE ONLINE BANKING TRANSACTIONS
- Avoid perform online banking transactions on public computers such as cybercafes;
- Never respond to e-mail or SMS messages requesting your bank details;
- Only use computers with properly IT security such as your own computer or those available within a bank;
- Always log off after performing any online bank transactions. Closing the browser window is insufficient;
- If you suspect that your personal information was in jeopardy while online, notify your bank immediately.
ADVICES TO PROTECT AGAINST CARD FRAUD
- Make sure your card is returned after each purchase;
- Beware of skimming – cloning card through sophisticated data transfer mechanisms;
- If your cards are lost or stolen notify the bank immediately.
To activate your card and Internet Banking call the following numbers:
+(244) 222 632 910
+(244) 929 090 060
In case of loss, robbery or misplaced card, the user must notify BNI immediately through the following phone numbers (+244) 222 632 910 or (+244) 929 090 060. Or Visa or Mastercard International.
Lost and Stolen Card Information – 24 hours
Visa Cards - (1) 410-581 3836 EUA
Mastercard Cards - (1) 636 722 7111 EUA
ADVICE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Pay attention to your passport, wallet, purse, visas, bank account details, game tickets and hotel reservations;
- Keep all type of personal and financial documents safe;
- Keep your PIN and password confidential. Don’t reveal it to anyone by telephone, fax or e-mail;
- Don’t allow anyone else to use your account with the purpose of depositing transferring or withdrawing founds;
- Don’t accept transporting money from strangers across borders.
ADVICE ON SAFE EXCHANGE OF CURRENCIES
If you are traveling with traveler’s checks or cards:
- Immediately report the bank about stolen or lost items so they can be canceled;
- Sign traveler’s checks only at the time of the payment while the teller watches;
- Use legitimate international exchange point of sale;
- Prevent yourself against currency street vendors;
- Be acquainted with the currency of the foreign country before you begin the travel.
Banco BNI Banco de Negócios Internacional - Avenida Che-Guevara, nº 42-A - Bairro Maculusso - Município da Ingombota - Luanda – Angola